The Leeds Loves Food festival kicks off this Thursday in Millennium Square, Leeds.
The festival covers the whole weekend with a range of foodie events across the city. Leeds’ best restaurants are involved, showcasing throughout the event.
There’s plenty on, including:
- Salvo’s have a six course dinner in conjunction with Crag House Farm in Cookridge, focusing on caring for livestock, caring for life
- Toast are cooking with the best of the day’s catch from the magnificent fish stalls in the market
- Org Organics are holding an organic tasting session
- Harvey Nichols are running a whole programme of events, from a celebration of decadent desserts, right through to a summer fete with some of their best suppliers. Not to be missed.
- Tequila at the unsurpassed Mojo’s
Plenty of restaurants have pitched special offers as part of the festival – there’s an offer for everybody.
The festival is also holding a competition for the best micro restaurant posted to Twitter during the event. Just set your phone up in Twitter and text your 140 character review to +447624801423 with the tag #LLF. Be as complimentary, witty or cutting as you like.
Leeds Loves Food is shaping up to be a huge event, and it’s a great way to celebrate Leeds’ rich food scene.
Make no mistake, Leeds is a superb place to eat.
Leeds Loves Food 2nd -5th July, 2009.